Agricultural Water Service

The District’s Contract with the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) to purchase and divert Central Valley Project (CVP) water allows the District to provide Agricultural Water Service to consumers for use primarily in the commercial production of agricultural crops or livestock including domestic use incidental thereto.  However, it is important to note that Irrigation Water is less reliable and shortages are more severe than for municipal customers pursuant to Reclamation’s M&I Shortage Policy.  Additional details are included in the Agricultural Water Service Fact Sheet linked below.

Relevant Documents