STAGE 3. SEVERE WATER SHORTAGE (70% to 80% of Normal Water Production) as of June 3, 2021.
All municipal customers are asked to conserve at least 20% as compared to their Historical Use, defined as the average of the prior three years of unconstrained use (i.e. 2017, 2018, 2019).
Severe Water Shortage is categorized with a possible reduction percentage of 20-30%. All the Response Actions in Stage 2 are required plus the following new Response Actions:
• Outdoor irrigation of ornamental landscapes and turf with potable water shall be limited to 3 days a week. Customers whose street addresses end with an odd number may water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Customers whose street addresses end with an even number may water on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
• The application of potable water to outdoor landscapes during or within 48 hours after rainfall of 0.20 inches or more is prohibited.
• Flushing of water mains, sewers, or fire hydrants is prohibited except for emergencies and essential operations.
• Water overuse penalties may be implemented; or modified, if already implemented a previous stage.
• Motor vehicles and equipment shall be washed only with buckets or with hoses equipped with automatic shutoff nozzles.